Friday 22 July 2016

Resolution Book 4


Pride and Prejudice

Over the past few months while I have been revising for my exam and completing my coursework, my reading has suffered quite a lot. Luckily, I decided to have a quick read of the first portion of a book in preparation for my English Literature exam. This book was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and I plan on continuing to read it for my resolution.

I am not usually gripped by 'classic books', however, on occasion one grasps me and I get indulged in the story. I have somehow managed to never hear anything about the story of Pride and Prejudice other than there being a character called Mr Darcy.

I'm very excited to read the story and my mum has kindly lent me her gorgeous copy of Jane Austen's complete novels. The inscription on the inside details that the book was a birthday gift to my mum from my grandma and grandad, dated 1997, meaning she has had this book longer than I've been alive! (But not by much.)

Keep an eye out for my review that is soon to come!

-Alanah

No comments:

Post a Comment